Colt Estates in Hartford CT
Located directly across the street from the Colt Firearms Manufacturing Company factory and armories, the ten buildings that were formerly tenement housing for workers at the Colt factory and armories were totally renovated in the 1980's and converted to the Colt Estate Condominiums. The Colt Estate Condominiums include 55 units:
- Property Type: Condominium
- Built in
- Forty 1-bedroom, 1-bath units that range in size from 584 to 693 square feet apartment style condos,
- Five 2-bedroom, 1-bath units that are 907 square feet that are , and
- Nine 3-bedroom, 1.5-bath units and one of the 2-bedroom, 1.5-bath unit that are 1,250 square feet townhouse style condos.
- Baths: 1.0 - 1.5 baths
- Heating Fuel: Natural Gas
- Heating System: Base Board Hot Water
- Cooling System: Units at the Colt Estates do not have central air. Unit owners use individual window air conditioners
- Laundry: Some units have laundry facilities in the unit while other use a common laundry area.
- Basement: Shared
- Decks/Patios: Some units have a deck
- Garage(s): Units at the Colt Estates do not have garges
- Amenities: None
- Age Restricted: No
- Streets include: Van Block Ave, Huyshope Ave
In 2007, the area from Van Dyke Avenue to the east to Wethersfield Avenue to the West and from Charter Oak Avenue and Wyllys Streets to the north to Warwarme Avenue to the south received historic district designation. The area is referred to as Coltsville and includes the Colt Firearms Manufacturing Company factory and armories, Samuel Colt's personal home known as Armsmear, Colt Park, nine buildings that provided housing for Colt's willow furniture factory workers in Potsdam Village, and the remaining ten buildings that were tenement housing for Samuel Colt's workers at the Colt Firearms Manufacturing Company. Coltsville is currently seeking National Park designation. In connection with this designation the area is undergoing significant renovation and revitalization.
The Colt Estate Condominiums are conveniently located to businesses, restaurants, and cultural venues in Downtown Hartford, Riverfront Recapture at Adriaen's Landing, the Connecticut Convention Center, the Connecticut Science Center, Front Street Shopping District, Charter Oak Landing, Dillon Stadium, Colt Park, and major highways.
If you would like more information about buying or selling a condo at the Colt Estates, please email or call me at 860-305-8044.